8.29.2009

I'm back on track!

I don't know that I will say I was ever really "off" track but I sure wasn't counting my calories any more and I wasn't really watching what I was eating (for a good 15days). However, I did keep my portions small so that I wouldn't spiral out of control. Something that got reaffirmed, that I didn't really care to reaffirmed is: I'm a stress eater. Once I got the ball rolling with having to set up my classroom and go to meetings all day I realized that under pressure I eat crap for meals. The crap eating didn't last as long this time, just those 15 days, but starting school isn't exactly the most stressful part of the school year for a teacher either.
I'm going to have to find a way so that when I get stressed out I don't revert back to "my old way" of eating. It's entirely way too easy to get off track and STAY off track for me. What do you do when you find your self doing things that you don't really want to do, but it's your way to cope with stress?
On a happier note, since school started 5 days ago I have been eating great AND I'm also taking my daily vitamins. For breakfast I'll either have a breakfast cookie to-go or a Fiber One yogurt cup with 1/2c of granola cereal mixed in or a Zone bar. For lunch I have Campbell's, Select Harvest (microwavable) soup and a string cheese. And no, it's not hard to eat soup every day for lunch at all actually. For my 2 snacks during the day, I usually have what I didn't have for breakfast. Dinner has been really light this week since I'm exhausted when I get home. They have consisted of cereal, sandwiches, cottage cheese, fruits, and simple things like that. Once I get the hang of school, I will go back to cooking dinners, but they won't consist of 5 things on the plate like they used to.
I'm so lucky that Christopher supports everything I'm trying to do. He doesn't get bent out of shape when I say I would just rather have a sandwich for dinner. He's a HUGE part of the reason why I can do this.

1 comment:

Me Too said...

I jsut gave you an award at my blog. Come check it out. Congrats!! :)