7.24.2009

vacations and diets suck

I enjoy both eating healthy and vacationing, but I just haven't figured out how to both at the same time! It's easy when you're you rent a condo b/c then you can go to the grocery store and cook all of your food. When your friends want to eat out, you eat before hand and just sip on water or pineapple juice and order a salad. It's not so easy when you're going to a friend's house and staying for 3 days. I didn't feel like I would be there long enough to go to the grocery store nor did I feel right packing a cooler. Yes, I actually thought about it. So, here's what I ate while I was there from 7.20-7.23:

On the way down: McDonalds Fish-filet combo with diet dr. pepper and about 5 french fries (good thing is, I don't crave them so much any more!!!)
Dinner that night: Spaghetti Warehouse: house salad with house dressing, half portion of lasagna and angelhair pasta in a butter garlic sauce with approx 3oz of grilled chicken (I only ate half of my half portion so that made me feel ok) *** about 5 vodka tonics ***
Breakfast on Tuesday: Nothing, I slept too late
Lunch on Tuesday: Out with Andrea's mom to an Italian restaraunt. I had 4 pieces of a (super) thin crust peperoni pizza and some ice tea
Dinner on Tuesday: The remaining 4 pieces of pizza from lunch
** about 4 vodka tonics**
Breakfast on Wednesday: peach fruit cup in light syrup and 1 pkg of grits with a tsp of Smart Balance
Lunch on Wednesday: Homemade cheese enchiladas with a beef sauce that Andrea's mom made and 1/4c of mexican rice
Dinner on Wednesday: Cheddars and I ordered a grilled chicken sadwich, no mayo, applewood bacon, swiss cheese and about 5 frenchfries again
I did get in about 25min of lap swimming in and dancing one of the nights, so my workout didn't go completely down the toilet.

So, there it is. Complete damage for those few days and because I decided to eat like I and drink the way I did ... I've had a migraine for 3 days now.

1 comment:

Christie Thornton said...

Vacationing and eating right are super hard- especially when you go out to have fun and have some drinks too. But there is nothing wrong with having a bad few days for vacations as long as it is just that and you are not doing it 3 days every week. So just get back on it girl and do better now that you are home! And I do have to say- you really did not eat all that bad. You could have done WAY worse!! When we went on vacation to SA a few weeks ago- I think I ate ice cream twice a day. LOL!!! Have you worked out since being home? Hope your headache is gone now too!!