7.29.2009

breaks are not failures

After I got back from Austin, it took me 5 days to start tracking my food/fitness. That seems like a lot of time to me. At the same time, I don't give my self any breaks ... the first break I take I end up seeing as failure. A little extreme, I know, that's how I was born. I'm trying to work on that aspect of this new lifestyle. Someone commented on my SP blog and told me that, "It's a victory if it's better than what you were doing before." So, I'm going to try to start believing that.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I have to say I think the same way. I think it is great that you are trying to change your mindset!!

Jen W. said...

I always tell myself that if what I'm truly trying to accomplish is a lifestyle change, vacations, birthdays, holidays, etc. are a part of life. Don't be so hard on yourself - trying to change your whole lifestyle is so hard, trust me! You're doing great :) :)