7.11.2009

South Beach out Hungry Girl IN!

On Thursday I went to Barns and Noble after hitting the gym in search of a satisfying cookbook. I was looking for book that just told me what to cook and not all of that science jargon. I already know about carbs, good ones and bad ones. I already know that starches turn into sugar and sugar turns into fat. I already know that just because something says "fat-free" on the label doesn't mean that it's fat-free. Fiber keeps you full and you want to eat approx. 60 grams of protein a day. I think you get the point.

After 45min. of browsing I found the perfect book! Hungry Girl 200 Under 200. It has 200 recipes under 200 calories each! This website plus SparkPeople are my two healthy lifestyle bibles during this journey back to being my self.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That looks like a GREAT cookbook. You will have to let me know how the recipes are.

Sherri Bankston said...

I also suggest the Biggest Loser recipes and Body for Life...they let you eat a lot and many tasty things...they have really helped Andrew and I cut it without sacrificing taste

Jenmeeko said...

Hungry Girl is great! She also does an online column that I have read many times. I have a recipe for "Double Trouble Chocolate Trifle" that she makes with Vitamuffins (also great - www.vitalicious.com) that I have been wanting to try. I want to get that cookbook!