7.09.2009

No, you don't weigh that much.

My entire life I've always had a bubbly butt, thick thighs, a full bust and broad shoulders. Quizzes in Cosmo magazine tell me that I have a "sporty build" and when I describe my self it's usually, " a little above average or curvy." Embracing, loving and enjoying my figure was never on my list of things-to-do and that was because I didn't look like anyone else. That's right, because I didn't' look like any of my friends I didn't think my body was pretty.

It wasn't until I went off to college when I started realizing (and accepting)that I will always have a 36" bust or larger no matter how small my boobs get, that my thighs will always touch no matter how much I work out and I would never be smaller than a size 9 even if I got a tummy tuck. And it wasn't until college that I started to believe my friends when they would say, "No, you don't weigh that much." I was beginning to love the fact that I didn't look my weight and that no one else looked like me. I was beginning to love me, just the way I was supposed to be.

Now that I'm (almost) 28 years old, I have found my self in unhappy situation with my body again. I've also learned things about my self that I do not like, but that I can change.

#1 Food for me is like a drug. I like it and want it because it tastes good in my mouth, not because it makes me feel full.

#2 I eat for flavor, not for nutritional or for healthful purposes.

#3 I am an emotional eater.



So, this is the purpose of my blog. I'm sharing my biggest insecurity with the world in exchange for some motivation, tips, praises and crack-downs when I screw up.

No comments: