7.16.2009

chocolate, bananas and coffee

I'm totally excited! Last night I bought the Biggest Loser food scale :) Now I can actually eat correct portion sizes.


Now onto some crazy-good breakfast recipes!


choco-monkey oatmeal

1/3 cup regular oats

1 25-calorie packet diet hot cocoa mix

1/2 med. banana, mashed

1/8 tsp. cinnamon

1 packet of Splenda (or which ever sweetener you like)

dash of salt


How to make it:

Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt. Add 1/4cup of hot water and stir until dissolved. Add 1/4 cup cold water and stir.


In microwave bowl, combine cocoa mixture, mashed banana and oats. Mix well. Heat for 2min. Stir.


*I do everything in a small pot on my stove b/c we don't have a microwave.

** It was totally yummy and VERY filling!!


Serving (entire recipe)

185 calories

2g fat

137mg sodium

37g carbs

5g fiber

11g sugar

6.5g protien

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mint chocolate chip freeze

1 tbsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer

1 tbsp. sugar-free chocolate syrup

1 tsp. instant coffee granules

1 tsp. mini semi-sweet choco chips

1/4 tsp. peppermint extract

2 no-calorie sweetener packets (I use Splenda with Fiber)

1 cup crushed ice or 5-8 ice cubes

2 tbsp. Chocolate Redddi-wip


How to make it:

Combine powdered creamer with 2 tbsp. of warm water. Stir until dissolved. Add 3/4 cup cold water and transfer to blender. Add remaining ingredients except for Reddi-wip. Blend on high for 30-45sec. Pour and top with Reddi-wip.


*I didn't get Reddi-wip b/c I'm not a fan of the texture, so I'm sure it cuts the calories down just a little more.


Serving (entire drink)

87 calories
4.75g fat
36mg sodium
12g carbs
0g fiber
3g sugar
<0.5g>


1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds YUMMY!!